Students practice verbal expressions for daily activities and create a wheel showing the times and activities they do in a day.
Part 1 Daily Routine Card Games
- Students learn daily activities with pictures.
- Students practice the expressions with the games by using cards below.
- Card matching
- Snap (Karuta)
- Go Fish
If appropriate for your students, you can use the opportunity to raise awareness of grammar by comparing the use of particlesを and に.
Part 2 Daily Routine Wheel
- Students review how to say time in Japanese.
- Students practice the pattern 「～じに・・・ます」「～じに・・・ますか」by using wheel below. For example, students turn the upper wheel back and forth to match an activity to the times of the day, creating sentences which describe a daily routine in chronological order.
- Students interview each other and create a wheel of their daily activities.